- It retains hot and cold temperatures very well. You can place hot pots directly on it.
- It is a dense material, which resists staining and absorption.
What you need to know about soapstone:
- Soapstone counter tops should be protected and enhanced with mineral oil regularly.
- It is an incredibly non-porous and dense stone, which means it will not absorb acids or chemicals. Soapstone countertops are a safe and trusted surface to prepare food on.
- It is a softer stone and can scratch. Soapstone is favored because of its rich, warm look that actually improves with age and minor wear. Unlike other stone, large blemishes can be sanded down.
- Slabs: 3 cm, call for information on other sizes
- Tiles: 12"x12" in Santa Rita and Cobra
- Sinks: single bowl farm sinks, double bowl farm sinks, and vessel sinks. In colors Santa Rita and Mariana Blue